Sunday, February 14, 2010

Teh Scanning Continues!


Heh, I really was uber kyoot as a baby:



^__^

People say all babies are beautiful, but honestly, I've seen some ~pretty~ hideous looking babies out there. Both my sister, my brother and I all came out looking like happy little bubbly, blond cherubs when we were babies. Josh was the odd one out though, he was born as bald as a billiard cube and then when he did sprout hair it was blond like my sister's and mine, but it was ~uber~ curly...stayed that way a long time too.

My hair eventually turned light brown, although my beard and stash come out fiery red and blond for some strange reason. A regular "ginger beard" if you will. A trait that's also shared with my cousin Chad, but with no one else in the family that I'm aware of. According to my mom, apparently we have some pretty strong Irish roots, so that might be where it's from...a genetic atavism and all like that.

On the scanning progress, I've got around 450 pictures scanned so far...although scanning is actually the ~fairly~ easy part. It's the whole "clean up" process that's ~really~ time consuming, so that's going to go much slower.

Right now I'm primarily concerned with getting all of them scanned, partly so I can be rid of the originals and give them all back to my mom, to free up some "personal space" (I'm a bit of an uber minimalist) and of course, once scanned it will ensure that they'll be fully protected from any accidental destruction (ie a fire or something like that).

Of course I'm also keeping multiple backups of the scanned versions, two at my place, one at my brothers and one will eventually be on my server as well. I'm also going to build PAR2 sets for the images as well, to protect against any minor, bit level corruption that may occur over time.

No comments: